Citizens For Responsible Government/Tallahassee

Non-partisan political action group

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Who decides who gets blown up ?

Ralph Kern

First things first. I would be deemed a hawk by anyone who has had more than a passing conversation with me. And I am more than a little conservative ( way more), so this essay (?) will probably surprise many of you. (or maybe not)

I am a firm believer that the enemies of the USA are subject to harsh treatment (my liberal friend Mac will attest to that ), but as Mac says , "If you want to have a Constitution, you have to take the whole thing, not just the parts you like."

I say all of that to say this. Why is Ron Paul the only person in this whole country (liberal or conservative) who thinks that the execution of an American Citizen, whack job though he may be, is un-constitutional. And the other American citizen that was killed with him, was he any one to be on a hit list.(and heree's the kicker , I only read about Mr. Paul's comments in the Huffing and Puffington Post and Russia Today) Hmmmmm??

Since when does the government of this country have the right to execute it's citizens without "due process of law" ? I am not , nor would anyone consider me a "Constitutional Scholar". I am just the right-radical, religious, rifle-totin-rapscallion of Coonbottom. But I can read. And The Fifth Amendment does more than guarantee congress-men and women that they don't have to "incriminate themselves" when testifying. It also says that before you can be tried for any "capital or otherwise infamous crime" there must be a grand jury indictment. Now there is an exception in there that takes into account times of war, but that speaks to members of the military forces, and it further goes on to say that no person... "shall be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law."

I'm going out on a limb here, and say that I don't believe that the due process of law was followed. Can the political leaders of this nation take the life of a U.S. citizen without a trial or even an indictment? I will grant that this guy was probably a bad guy. I will further grant that he may have been guilty of conspiracy to commit treason against the U.S,and perhaps a litany of other crimes, but as they say in all the cop shows , "Get a warrant!". For crying out loud, they sent Al Capone to prison for Tax Evasion because they couldn't tie him to anything more grievous.

The Tea Party people have been accused of being Terrorists, by certain members of congress. As a Tea Party active member should I keep an eye to the sky for drone activity? Maybe I'm not a big enough fish that I should be concerned, but what about the people who organize the meetings, or write too many letters to the editor or their congrssional representative? Does the President consider Ron Paul a big enough threat? I am not trying to be facetious. For the first time in my life I fear the Government I once served. When I joined the Air Force, (Oct. 11, 1965) I took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution Of The United States from all enemies , foreign and domestic. I have never rescinded that oath. Does that put me on someone's list. I seem to remember that the head of Homeland Security said that we need to watch out for Christians and Veterans as possible terrorists. Does Ms. Imcompetano want to put out a hit on all Christian Veterans.

I have digressed from the main thought.... or maybe not. I guess the question here is "Who decides who gets blown up ?"

Maybe you are an enemy of the STATE!!!

--

rapscallion

October 6, 2011 at 2:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.